Westmill is a specialist food supplier whose market leading brands include Elephant Atta, Amoy, Asli Atta, Lucky Boat, Patak’s, Pride, Rajah and Tolly Boy. Found in the best professional and home kitchens, our brands are respected for their quality and authenticity. Our vision is to be the market leader in every kitchen for trusted, authentic global foods, working with our trade partners which include wholesale as well as cash and carry, food service, grocery and B2B channels. Westmill is a culturally and ethnically diverse environment, with a unique friendly family feeling where no one feels like the new person for long and everybody has the chance to make a real difference to the business.
What the role offers:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the leadership team at Enfield as the Operations Manager, reporting into the Site General Manager. You will be the custodian of some great brands and staple Westmill products as the site packs c. 40k tonnes of edible oil & coconut products per annum plus 2k tonnes p.a. of high-quality Spices. The scope and breadth of the key role accountabilities will provide considerable stretch as you will be responsible for Health & Safety, Food Safety & Quality, Factory Performance & Budget Delivery whilst working collaboratively with Engineering, Technical and Planning functions.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Be a role model and visibly lead Health, Safety and Wellbeing ensuring full HS&E compliance onsite.
• Lead and build a strong production management team capable of delivering & exceeding daily KPI’s with a culture of Continuous Improvement, Training, Development and Coaching of individuals.
• Be passionate about delivering sustainable results and building for the future.
• Care about the engagement and development of your people and their teams.
• Work with a broad team of people to plan and execute capital & continuous improvement opportunities.
• Coordinate with planning & logistics to optimise efficiency, inventory and customer service.
• Make the complex appear simple and be able to communicate this to the teams with energy.
• Manage stakeholders across the business – on and off site – to navigate projects & plans to a successful conclusion.
• Possess clear rigour and routines in leading and managing a diverse team & set of objectives.
What’s in it for you:
In addition to a competitive remuneration and benefits package, working at Westmill offers a great opportunity for you to gain some fantastic experience, really build your development and ultimately grow your career, in the UK or internationally either within Westmill or Associated British Foods, our parent company.