Westmill is a specialist food supplier whose market leading brands include Elephant Atta, Asli Atta, Lucky Boat, Patak’s, Pride, Rajah and Tolly Boy. Found in the best professional and home kitchens, our brands are respected for their quality and authenticity and our vision is to inspire our communities with colourful food, through working with our trade partners in the ethnic and grocery channels. Working for Westmill means you belong to an entrepreneurial and culturally diverse business that values high performance, collaboration and the desire to make a difference.
What does this role offer?
There is a fantastic opportunity to join the engineering team at our Selby site as a multi-skilled shift engineer. Working within an FMCG Environment and covering a 2 shift pattern with a call out rota to support our Rice production, the successful candidate will have passion for continuous improvement and will be self-motivated to resolve issues to root cause and implementing 100 year fixes.
Key elements of this role include:
• Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements
• Delivering the World Class Engineering Strategy
• Delivering in PPM programme in line with Business Objectives
What are we looking for in a candidate?
You will need to have an appropriate engineering qualification combined with work experience in an FMCG environment in order to be successful in this role. Your confident and collaborative approach combined with strong work ethic and excellent communication skills would make you an asset to our organisation. This is a shift based, multi shift role however, we would also like to hear from anyone interested in permanent nights, ideally with the following skills:
• Multi skilled
• Experience in fault finding on PLC’s (Siemens S7, Mitsubishi)
• Experience in packaging machines
• Experience in Milling (material handling)
• Ability to work with in a team and also on own initiative
• Can demonstrate consistent delivery to both internal and external customers
Westmill is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive working environment – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.